Here it is, RISA members! The workshop many of you asked for!
Sunday, October 14th from 1 to 5pm in the Providence area (details to
Get your music into the high speed lane with the Promotion 101 Workshop
sponsored by RISA.
Put together the talents of Billy Mitchell, a marketing expert, along
with Ginny Shea, long time, successful Publicist, and professional
photographer, Denise Bass, and you have one hell of a great workshop!
Here's some information about the offerings:
Promo 101 Workshop
It's All About You - Billy Mitchell
- Your Goals - Where do you want your music to be?
- Your Identity - You & your music defined.
- Your Audience - Your Niche
- Your Brand - How to stand out
- Your Gateway to legitimacy - A Real CD & other tools
- RISA bookings and other gigs
Your Tools - Ginny Shea, Publicist, with Greg Lato
- Critical ingredients of an impressive publicity campaign
- Advertising vs. Publicity
- Media List
- Planning: local/national/online campaign
- Press releases, radio
- Social Media/online publicity
- EPKs, web sites
- Key components of a press kit
- DIY vs. hire a publicist
Your Headshot - Denise Bass
- Get a PRO head shot at a discount at the Workshop!
The workshop will be held Sunday, October 14th from 1 to 5pm in the
Providence area (details to come).
TO REGISTER: First email
to pre-register. Then send
a check for $20 made out to RISA to confirm to:
Rhode Island Songwriters Association (RISA)
c/o Joanne Lurgio, Treasurer
Post Office Box 9246
Warwick, Rhode Island 02889
Make it quick, space may be limited.